Logan County Treasurer
Logan County Courthouse
601 Broadway St., Rm. #11
P.O. Box #400
Lincoln, IL 62656
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m.
The Logan County Treasurer is an elected official who serves a four year term. The duties of
the Logan County Treasurer include the receipt, management and disbursement of public funds.
Any monies not needed immediately are to be invested at the highest rate of interest. All
funds invested must be fully collateralized. The treasurer serves as the ex-officio county
collector and as such is responsible for the collection, management and the distribution of
property taxes, including real estate, mobile home and drainage tax.
The County Treasurer is also responsible for maintaining all financial records for the annual
2014 Tax Dates Timeline
Certified letters for unpaid taxes will be mailed September 25, 2014.
Tax Sale will be on October 22, 2014 at Logan County Courthouse, first floor courtroom. Registration is 10 days prior to sale. October 8, 2014 last day to register.
2014 Mobile Home Tax Bills
2014 Mobile Home Tax Bills were mailed out on April 1, 2014. The taxes are due when the bill is received, and penalty will be added after June 2, 2014.
If you have not received you mobile home bill, please call our office.
2014 Real Estate Taxes
Real Estate Taxes have been mailed out on May 30, 2014. The dates below outline the tax due dates:
July 1, 2014 (1st Installment due)
Sept. 2, 2014 (2nd Installment due)
If you do not receive your bill, please call our office at 217-732-3761.
Annual Audits & Financial Statements
View annual audits and financial statements at on the county board financial information page.
2013 Interest Distribution for Logan County, IL
Here are some quick tax facts:
- Illinois has more than 6,800 units of local government more than any other
- State income tax rate is 5% with 1/10th of revenue going to cities and
- Illinois sales tax rate is 6.75%: 1.75% goes to support cities and the
county; 5% goes to state government.
- Property tax is the major source of funding for Illinois local government,
County Supervisor of Assessments
- Instructs the township assessors.
- Prepares and maintains tax maps as well as up to date lists of property owner's names,
addresses, and property record cards for all real estate in the county.
- Serves as Clerk of the Board of Review.
- Can revise assessment made by township assessor.
- Grant exemptions.
- Extend all tax rates according to the tax levy ordinances.
- Extend the tax rate over the value of the property for each county taxing
- Prepare and mail all tax bills.
- Collect all taxes.
- Enter all errors of assessments and keep track of all tax appeals granted.
- Disburse monies to the taxing bodies.
- Invest all monies not immediately distributed. The interest earned will be distributed
to the taxing bodies.
The tax information found on this web site is for information purposes
only. Logan County is not responsible for any errors in the use of this
information. The web site is updated every night and is available the
following day on the website so today's business will not be available
until tomorrow. You may call (217) 732-3761 for more information.